Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Closet Favorite ...

While reading one of my favorite Blogs, the author posed the question "What is your favorite piece in your closet?" For me it's not just one...I have a special relationship with my clothes in that they were selected by me...for me. That's huge in my mind!

I'm my own stylist...

But among all the categories that my wardrobe consists of; scarves, shoes, baubles, jeans, tops, pants and skirt... My all-time favorite is THE DRESS. I am extremely curvaceous! A dress is a garment that I use to play up my voluptuousness.


040

Throw on a pair of heels and you have an instant outfit.
When Old Navy had their Dress Event this weekend, I JUMPED at the chance to go...
All Dresses on Sale


-Picture Courtesy of Old Navy.com


/Side Note:/ OldNavy.com is offering these AMAZING SAVINGS with an extra 30% off today (10/28) only...

These are my picks...

I REALLY wanted some sweater dresses, as they go from a day look to a night look quite seamlessly!


2012-10-271

I really wanted the Black and white because I missed out on a similar option by ASOS.
When I read on the website that they run a tad bit big, I knew I had to go to my local Old Navy and try them...

The fit was AMAZING!!!! I have big hips, so I love the way this dress compensated for my derriere but also played up my curves.
2012-10-273
 

My first mind said, GO GREEN! But after doing a mental count of green frocks I've purchased, I went with bright stripes! Bold colors are in this cold weather season and getting in on a trend for  bargain is wonderful!!!
A fit and flare dress is another option for us curvy girls.


2012-10-272


I am OBSESSED with black and white lately so of course this one caught my eye.


Another Dress I liked was this printed froc!


shift dress
Old Navy shift dresses fit me weird because I have big hips and thighs. I usually can do a large but I had to size up. The
xl was a bit loose but I can belt it or have it taken in.



leopard dress

Been eyeing this one forever as well...Didn't get it yesterday, but it's only a matter of time. Can't wait to wear these...Outfit posts are a must!!!!!

iN other News, my goodies came yesterday from the Gap and Forever 21!
When I saw this shirt-dress online,


green gap dress


I KNew I had to have it...So chick and classy, are shirt-dresses to me....and of course my go-to style for my curviness.


I put it on and the fit was amazing!  I really loved that the buttons didn't go all the way down so I wouldn't have to fight the garment all day by re-buttoning... (Because I have big hips and thighs, dresses that button all the way down tend to stretch where the buttons don't stay closed...but I love 'em any way)

Also, I'd like to retract my earlier statement about my Target Booties most closely resembling  the one's by Sam Edelman.


2012-10-27

When I saw these on the Forever 21 website, I instantly made the connection...They fit great and are pretty sturdy for $30...

11 comments :

  1. Great picks! Im heading over to oldnavy.com right now! Thanks for sharing

    -Cherrie
    CherrieAmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to share and I can't wait to see how you rock your looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I went to Old Navy recently and picked up the shift dress as well. I got the printed green and the bright pink.

    -Shakiyla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the green print as well but the blue is the only one they had online when I wrote this...I want the pink too! At any rate, both are good transitional pieces!

      Delete
  4. So cute... You know you can ROCK a dress Hunni!!!!!

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ma'am! I appreciate that you read and comment.

      Delete
  5. loving all the striped options ON is offering this fall :)

    Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can say the ON sweater dress has really evolved from something that can flatter a wide range of body types...That, I am excited about...Thanks for reading and commenting Chioma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I dig me some Old Navy!! Then you throw in stripes, and I'm in LOVE!! You look FAB in the dresses. Your pics were on point!

    ReplyDelete