Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Trying Something New...

So.
At the last minute, I decided to do some shots out in nature.
IMG_0979
I found a spot I’ve ALWAYS wanted to shoot at,
Grabbed my stuff, (my camera and tripod), before I could talk myself out of it,
Parked my car nearby,
…And went for it.
I don’t know if it was the natural lighting or the quality of my camera….
But the shoot was an EPIC FAIL!
All of the pictures came out rather DARK!
But, I did the best I could do with the editing and I’m still posting them.
I got some cute poses though.
So I have a choice.
I can stick with what’s comfortable and ALWAYS get it right…
Or take some risks.
I may have gotten some strange looks…
But at least I went for it today…
This outfit was inspired by my love for layering and trying new things to make new looks.
IMG_0988
I initially bought this dress to wear when I go out.
I thought it was classy and sexy all rolled into one.
IMG_0989
And the color is exquisite…So much I can do with it.
IMG_1026 IMG_1025 IMG_1029
I actually got it altered, adding elastic to secure the strapless neckline, and in the waist.
Now it’s practically swallowing me up again…Hence the belt.
IMG_0986
And when I tried it on with this cardi, it INSTANTLY became a work outfit.
I added a gray tank underneath so all my business would not be showing when my cardi came open today…Worked like a CHARM!
Yellow Cardigan: Old Navy
Gray Layering Tank: Old Navy
Red Dress: The Gap
Pewter& Gray Belt: City Trendz (An Urban Clothing Store)
Pewter Lace-Up Flats: Mia Brand via Shi (Shoe Store by Journey’s Shoes)
Oh Yeah...I got a package from the postman today...
Now more Breaks for Me.....

0 comments :

Post a Comment