Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wear Three Colors and Layer...

That has been my fashion rule of thumb since I can remember.

First of all I Love Color!
Gone are the days where I rock things that are the same print and in the same shade.
To me, mixing things up a little adds an interesting factor to my style.
…A Little Pizzazz!
IMG_0933
Now, rules are made to be broken.
I don’t layer every day, [probably because its so fricken HOT], and I Most certainly don’t’ do the tri-color thing.
But more times than not, I do.
IMG_0931
I notice in my wardrobe, I have a thing for either something with a BOLD and UNIQUE pattern or colors that POP out.
I do ESPECIALLY the latter because there are so many effects one can create with accessories [which I have TONS of].

IMG_0967
I bought the shirt I’m wearing today to go with some AMAZING tri-colored shoes I bought a while ago.
IMG_0978
The blush-pink was a PERFECT match!
I knew I was before the Trend buying these pumps because my favorite accessory store, [which is broken down by color] didn’t even have a match.
They had some things that I could have made work. But they were VERY few in number and not my style.
Then I got the idea to pull out one of the accent colors in the shoe instead of the main, pair them with denim trousers and a vest, and the rest was history.
I did find some wonderful accessories at another store that I could live with so I rocked them as well.
IMG_0971 IMG_0976
For a while I was on the hunt for a purple shirt to go with the heels…Never found it.
See how my clothes have history?
So today’s outfit covers some of my fashion philosophy.
IMG_0952
Pink, brown, and white is the color Trio for today.

I must admit the look was SOLOELY dedicated to the shoes! For less than $15 they are sooooo comfy…to the point that I didn’t mind walking today. They have this insole bump in them that massages my feet in just the right way. I wish all my flats had this.
IMG_0973
…Wish they had them in other [solid] colors.
Can’t wait to get a light denim or light blue button-down to dawn with them.  

I made the earrings I'm wearing work, but I thought some large pearls would have added a classier touch…
I know just where to get some too for next time.

Top: Charming Charlie’s (Accessory Store)
Brown Chambray Trousers: Melrose (Urban Fashion Store)
Pink Loafers: Target
Bangle and Earrings: Charlotte Russe
Ring: Wal-Mart

0 comments :

Post a Comment