Monday, January 9, 2012

Sunday Cookin...Turkey Chili



003

When I planned for this meal, I thought THICK and HEARTY, not thin and bland.
That's what I enjoy about Wendy's Chilli.
It's so flavorful and it only takes the smaller bowl to fill you up.
That's with nothing, (like cheese or crackers), added to it by the way.
One of the thrills I get out of cookin' is seeing if I can make something turn out right after a first attempt.
By the looks of what's simmering on my stove, I'd say I did well!
The taste tests I've done second that.


002

What you will need:
1 large bell pepper and onion diced into large chunks
1 package of your favorite Chili Kit
2 pounds of ground turkey
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
1 can of Chili Tomatoes
1 can of Kidney Beans
Directions:
Heat a skillet over medium heat and coat with olive oil.
[I cheat and use the pot I'm going to make my chili in to also brown the turkey]
Brown two pounds of ground turkey.
Add seasoned salt, Mrs. Dash, and Garlic Salt to taste.
When meat is 3/4 of the way cooked (more brown than pink), add diced onion and bell pepper.
 Preheat a large pot on medium heat.
Continue to cook meat and vegetables until the meat is 100% browned and vegetables are softened.
Add ground turkey, bell pepper, and onions to the preheated pot.
Add Chili tomatoes and 2 cups of water.
Stir.
Let simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add canned beans with gravy, and Chili Seasonings as indicated on the Chili Kit. Exclude the Maza Packet.
Let covered chili simmer on medium heat for until it is brought to a boil then add the entire packet of Maza.
Stir.
Reduce heat to low setting and allow covered pot of chili to cook for 30 minutes.
Enjoy!
I'm going to garnish my Chili with Doritos and Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese.


008

I'm also going to have a corn muffin on the side...YUM...
Note:  was easier making this than writing out all the steps....


061

#guiltypleasureitwassowrongbutitfeltsoright! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment