As I previously wrote, I had planned another party for myself after I arrived home for Labor Day Weekend.
Only when you reach grown woman status can you have two parties for your birthday...
So I did.
And the turn-out was fabulous...
The Theme: Pool Party
The Venue: The Gracious Home of my Cousins The Johnsons
Various Chips and Dips, Fresh Fruit, Grilled Hot Dogs, Turkey Burgers, Links, Grilled Tilapia, Ranch Style Beans, Chicken
Pineapple Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Margaritas and Long Island Iced Tea...(My Favs!)
The day started kinda rocky, but it ended well! I bought and catered my own food, which turned out well may I add...
I honestly thought I was going to have left-overs to take home but I didn't...
They were GONE!
I was glad because I put a lot of love into cooking and it felt good that people enjoyed themselves.
What I Learned:
1. Even though things don't go as planned, you can still get everything done by organizing.
2. Prep-work is KEY when grilling foods.
3. Watching someone that has more experience than you helps when it's time to fly solo.
4. Drink responsibly; know your limits and respect them when drinking...(you don't have to get PISsY drunk on your birthday)
5. Ask for help.
6. Budget and bargain shop.
7. Plan ahead.
8. When you least expect it, people will come through for you.
9. Wearing Make-up makes for awesome pictures... My expressions were much more readable with it on.
10. When you play hard, working hard is much easier to face!
Earrings: Catos Fashions
Yellow High-low Hem Dress: Forever 21+
Silver Sandals: Beauty Supply
Zebra One-Piece: Old Navy
White Cover-Up: HEB Plus Grocery Store
Orange Maxi Dress: Old Navy