Monday, December 9, 2013

Trenched!


A change in the weather required me to get a little creative with my wardrobe as I incorporated coats.

Hence, the trench.

When creating my style on a dime, I do two things:

1.     Keep a mental shopping list…

And

2.     Shop Off-Season.

/Side Note:/I actually got this coat last spring on clearance when the store was having an AMAZING sale! I’ve also had the necklace I’m wearing for a minute as well. It was purchased on sale when, I suppose, the store was phasing out of pieces in rich hues reminiscent of fall to make way for springy things. It was the oxblood in the necklace which caught my eye!  I didn’t know how I was going to style it when I bought it, but I loved it so much that I took a leap of faith.

I just kept it in my closet until it was time to break it out.
Then,

VoilĂ !


Fabulousness was born.

I actually created two looks with this coat back-to-back.
Both were casual.
The other was more Dressy-Cash with this printed dress.





Let’s talk about these boots though!
They are one of my first purchases from the online European retailer, Evans.
I spotted them while stopping in on Chastity Garner’s Blog, Garnerstyle, when she did a post on fall style featuring boots for people with wide calves!

They finally came last week and I’m digging the rich oxblood hue. I got the patent because really, how unique is patent leather riding boots? But they also have leather as well as other styles.


I’m thinking about purchasing one more pair in another color!

 FEATURED TRENCH: New York & Company/ FEATURED BOOTS: Evansusa.com/Oxblood Beaded Necklace: Forever 21(on sale)/Sweater: The Gap Outlet/ Jeans: Old Navy/ Bag: Steve Madden via Marshall's/ Dress: Target/Watch: New York & Company 

11 comments :

  1. OMG those boots are EVERYTHING!!! I want a trench so bad too as soon as I get ready to purchase a coat it gets back hot here *sigh* One day I will get a trench lollllll. The Oxblood and taupe combo is fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V, Now you know I believe in buying stuff and keeping it on reserve. You NEVER know when it will come in handy!!!!

      Delete
  2. Tammie, you look fab! I love how you styled the dress and jeans look. Those boots are hot! That trench...I need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! Forever 21 has a nice update to the classic tench at this link:

      http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=plus&Category=plus_outerwear&ProductID=2000129093&VariantID=

      Delete
  3. Those boots are sooooo amazing!!! Don't forget to check out your dark-skinned girls rock feature on my blog and share it with your readers! :)

    http://www.cherrieamore.com/2013/12/dark-skinned-girls-rock-tammie.html

    -Cherrie
    CherrieAmore.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't thank you enough for the opportunity to express myself! Yes I love my boots to pieces!

      Delete
  4. Found you via Cherrie Amore! Love your style! Those boots are fab girl!

    xo, Kenya

    www.kenyalfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute!! This an outfit that I would rock for sure!! Love the trench & the boots! The color palatte is very nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good trench coat. I think every girl should really have one.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are definitely some nice styles out there! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete