Thursday, June 26, 2014

Philip Lim x Target Summer Edit


Clothes Don't Make the Man, Man Makes the Clothes!
--Unknown 

I didn’t get much wear out of this beautiful dress when I first purchased it last fall.
On me it is more of a bodycon fit so I knew it would be out of the question for work.
Plus, I didn’t want to wait until the cooler temps to wear it again.



Since I have developed such a penchant for having clothes altered, I thought I would collaborate with my seamstress to edit this garment a bit.
Thus, I asked her if it would be possible to design removable sleeves by adding a zipper where the sleeves were connected to the bodice of the dress.



As you can see, it was possible. And I sought to add a POP of color to the garment by adding a red zipper.
I finally wore this golden beauty on a random summer outing to a local nightspot with friends.


I decided to just take it easy on myself, {and the accessories I already had on hand}, and choose black accents.
I’m so glad I decided to make this dress sleeveless! I absolutely adore it with and without them.


Earrings: Aldo/ Dress: Pillip Lim x Target/ Clutch: Forever 21/ Shoes: Deb Shops


6 comments :

  1. Tammie, you look smashing in that dress honey!! Since I've been following you, I've enjoyed watching your transformation. You simply ooze confidence girly and it shows in your photos. I definitely need to invest in a good tailor. I have several items that could use some alterations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am it's the BEST thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to alter the dress to have removable sleeves!! I love that! And the pop of red?! You've outdone yourself with this one my friend. FIERCE!! Do you mind if I share your look on Instagram??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ticka, ThankYou for the complement! You most certainly can share on Instagram!!!! My handle is @my_aura_style! Tag Me!!!!

      Delete