Monday, August 8, 2011

BooM BooM KAT! ...

IKat that is.
Definition: a dying technique used to pattern textiles that employs a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft fibres.
Wow, you learn something new every day.
In other words when you dye the fabric,  it turns out
 Like This:
Ikat Fashion

And This:
ikat furniture
It’s inspired by all things tribal.
And I love it!
I guess that’s what subconsciously drew me to this skirt…and the fact that it features coral  and gray…
IMG_0664

Two colors I am feeling this summer.

IMG_0652

IMG_0673

IMG_0690
And as my little homage to the mixing of prints trend, I subtlety added my leopard belt.
IMG_0693
This is one of two leopard belts on hand.
The other one is a Skinny belt.
And before bangles are HOT like they are now, my mom bought me these back from Belize when she and my dad went on a cruise for one of their anniversaries.
IMG_0697
Minus the one without the designs etched into it, they are real silver.
They were a set of four, but I lost one.
I’m happy I kept up with the other three all these years.
Shades: Avenue (Plus-Sized Store)
Light-Washed Denim Jacket: Old Navy
Gray V-Neck Tee: Old Navy
Ikay Print Skirt: Old Navy
Leopard Belt: Wet Seal
Mia Brand Lace-Up Flats: Piperlime.Com

IMG_0699

0 comments :

Post a Comment