Saturday, August 27, 2011

How THEY Measure Up...

These past weeks it has been on my agenda to try my favorite recipes using Weight Watcher’s revisions.
This time I wanted to try to make Fettuccini Alfredo.
To my dismay, when I looked up Weight Watcher’s version it was a whopping 12 Points!
During my last weigh-in, I lost another 5 pounds.
As a result, my daily Points Plus Target went from 30 to 29.
That may not seem like a significant difference.
One less point right….But it is!
I’m having to adjust.
And frankly, I won’t want to spend 12 of my points on ONE MEAL.
So…
I’m in the process of trying out new products that are filling but also lower in calories…Sometimes, even more so that what’s listed on the Weight Watcher’s site!
I’m glad that Weight Watchers has a portion of their site where you can enter information off the labels of foods you want to try …
The line-up:
Photobucket Photobucket

Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal
Silk Vanilla Flavored Almond Milk
Light Cheesy Ragu Parmesan Alfredo
King Soba Organic Brown Rice Udon Noodles
Wolf Brand 99% Fat Free Turkey Chili
Smart Dogs Veggie Protein Links
Let’s see how they measure up… [I hope they do well because I already bought this stuff]
Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal: 5 points per 1 cup serving
Silk Vanilla Flavored Almond Milk :2 points per 1 cup serving
Light Cheesy Ragu Parmesan Alfredo: 1 point per ¼ cup serving
King Soba Organic Brown Rice Udon Noodles: 4 points per 1.9oz serving
Wolf Brand 99% Fat Free Turkey Chili: 4 points per 1 cup serving
Smart Dogs Veggie Protein Links: 1 point per link
I plugged in all of my new foods in my Weight Watchers Tracker as meals like so:
Breakfast:
Kashi Go lean Crunch and Silk: 7 points
Lunch:
Chilli Dog: 9 points [I added a slice of fat free Swiss cheese and a wheat bun, which makes the points more]
Dinner:
Chicken Alfredo: 7 points!
That’s so much better than the 12 points I got from the Weight Watcher’s version.
And
You have to make the sauce if you follow their recipe.
Mine is premade.
Plus, I have 6 points left for snacks!
Success…

0 comments :

Post a Comment