Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Lost Sheep...

I must admit, it felt wonderful to go back to church today.
I know it sounds cliché, but I really did feel as if I were starting the first day of the rest of my life!
The pastor spoke about the parable of the “Lost Sheep.” It’s found in Matthew 15.
He compared Jesus to the shepherd in the story and highlighted three characteristics when he seeks us out.
1.       Compassion: Acting and not just feeling
2.       Commitment: Sacrifice
And
3.       The Value of One: Being amongst a multitude of believers, but seeking out that ONE person who needs God the most …Not leaving that ONE behind.
The message intersected what’s going on in my life right now.
When I first started a commitment to walk closer to God, ( way back in the day), I used to be so hard on myself.
The line was drawn in the sand for me and I focused too much on being a “good Christian.”
It’s not that God doesn’t hold us to certain standards…
He does.
But…
You
Can
LIVE!
You can still go to clubs and be a Christian…Just don’t go to get drunk and let guys goose you on the dance floor…LOL!
You can still be fashionable and be a Christian, just be classy.
You can still listen to “secular music” and be a Christian, just make sure the music has a message…That it’s good ART and not trash.
People should be able to feel the presence of God when they encounter you or are in your presence…
If there is no difference in you, consult God on what to do.
When I prayed during devotion today, I asked God to help me to change…And when I make mistakes, I asked God to help me to “get back on the horse.”
Yeah, I actually put it in those words.
I know for God to make a difference, I have to be committed.
Today was the first step.
Of course, I took church as an opportunity to be fashionable.
And as I looked around at all the women at church, they too showed their unique sense of style.
It’s a part of us as women.
And like I said before, you don’t have to give that up just to follow God.
All He asks is that you be respectful.
As a matter of fact, I have peeked at more than a few fashion Blogs on the www whom showcase their Christ-Loving Styles.
So, with that being said, this is what I wore to church today.
IMG_0836






Color-blocking is a trend where you take garments of different color pallets that work FABULOUSLY together and mix them.

Yup…That there is EXTREME color blocking.

This can be done with bottoms of one color and a top of another. Or you can do like I did and wear a solid garment mixing it with accessories that POP out against it. Like so…
IMG_0837

I felt like Carrie Bradshaw in this outfit.
Mature, Sexy, and Rockin’ a HOT pair of shoes….
IMG_0868

And God accepts my Fashion sense….*smiles*

IMG_0850
I kept my ear accessories simple.
 I absolutely LOVE these button-looking clip-ons!
IMG_0866
They add a touch of class to every outfit!
Earrings: Forever 21
Dress: Target
Mustard Clutch: Charming Charlie’s
Bright Coral Pumps: Forever21
And she LIVED Happily Ever After...
The End…
IMG_0848

0 comments :

Post a Comment