Monday, October 3, 2011

Best Foot Forward...

Sometimes in life you have to ball your fists, grit your teeth, and PUSH!
Like everyone else, I wake up on Mondays and can't BELIEVE the weekend is over and it's back to the grind of it all.
For me that's back to work and back to school.
For the past couple of Mondays I've worn dresses.
Today I wanted to change things up a bit.
I looked in my closet and whatever called out to me, I put on.

005

Now I don't have to have my clothes in visible sight to put something together.
I usually scan my closet mentally, weed out the things I can remember I've worn recently, and come up with the principal components of my look.
The details, like accessories and such, come later. They have to be visible.
Like this belt. I was going to go with another choice, but at the last minute I thought a POP of green was just what this outfit needed.

040

ANDDDDDDDDDDD the gold hardware on the belt ties in with other gold elements, making the look cohesive.
Plus it goes along with the theme of most of my outfits: Wear at least three colors and layer.
It's nothing like looking in the mirror and marveling at what you created to give you the push you need to face the week...at least that's what helps me.
Gold Buttoned Earrings: Forever 21
Cream and Coral Cardigan: Forever 21
Gray Tank: Family Dollar [need to get another]
Dark Chambray Trousers: Forever 21+
Coral Mummy Sandals: The Gap
Mint Green Belt: THRIFTED!
Since I've gotten this stark white pedicure, I've been trying to get a cute shot of my feet.
This is me putting my best foot forward!

044

0 comments :

Post a Comment