Saturday, October 1, 2011

Company Picnic...

Today I attended my first company picnic since I've been employed at MHMR.



080
MHMR stands for: Mental Health and Mental Retardation.
I am a Case Worker for Adult Mental Health Services.

It was really nice to see my colleagues,  direct and indirect, outside of the professional setting for a change.
I had the pleasure of seeing some familiar faces and being introduced to their families/friends.



065

064
063
058
057

079

It was TRULY an honor.
Of course I dawned my bright orange dress today. It's like my second skin on the weekends.



062

The venue we used was Heritage Park.




077

It's an area designated for several historical homes, some of which were donated by prominent families whose genealogy span years and years in this community.
I was unable to go inside the houses, but I did get some wonderful shots of the outside.








076

073

071

070

I LOVED the Old South feel of the homes, some of which had features such as a wrap-around porch on the first and second floor.
The landscaping, (whether it was original or not), gave an inviting feel to the homes sourrounding Heritage Park.
Also, this historical clock grabbed my attention. It's one that reminds me of the grandfather clock my Maternal Grandmother had in her living room.








075

I could also see the Harbor Bridge from the park.


072

I call it the Big Scary Bridge, because I would ALWAYS end up on it when I got lost on the freeways when I first moved here.
It was an interesting day...and not TOO Hot as there were plenty of shaded areas to enjoy.
My coworkers were telling me of a Jazz Festival that will be held in this exact same location.
I will have to check it out.
It was nice to get out and discover something new today.




078

0 comments :

Post a Comment