Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Banana Pancakes...

Note:    I made these using Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix.
                It calls for most of the ingredients posted in the recipe.
                But, you can use any mix that you like.


You will need:

018

1 cup Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix [or any substitute]
1 Egg [two are pictured because I doubled the pancake mix]
1 tbs Vegetable Oil
3/4 cups Milk [add more if needed]
1 tbs of Vanilla Flavoring
1 tbs of Banana Flavoring [optional]
1 cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans [I used walnuts]
1 Banana

020

In a large mixing bowl add pancake mix, egg, vegetable oil, milk, & flavorings.
[Or prepare substituted mix as indicated on the package. Also, I like to use plastic GLADWARE Bowls to prepare the mix as I find the curved edges easier to pour my batter from.]
Stir with a wire whisk.

022

Peel banana and break into large pieces and drop into the batter.

027

Stir the banana into the batter with a wire whisk until it is broken into small pieces and evenly distributed.

023

Add chopped nuts and whisk into batter until they are evenly distributed.  
[My Daddy chopped the nuts in his Magic Bullet so they turned out to be a fine dust with bigger pieces in the bottom...still made for good batter though!]

024

Pour pancake batter in a preheated pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
Flip the pancake over when small pores form on top of the batter and the surface looks dry.

028

Viola!
We ate our pancakes with Sugar Free Syrup.
But they are also good plain or drizzled with powdered sugar, [while hot of course so the powdered sugar can saturate].
Here are some more random pics of this week's happenings! ...And then some...
These are of my niece and Nephew. They grow so fast that I have to snap pictures of them when I can!
Even though it was the Tuesday AFTER Christmas, they still got to open gifts from Grandad and Grandmommie!

001

014

015

016
 

These are of me and the girls being the PARTY Animals we are! [Mostly of me though...LOL!]

me

me2

toya

me5

the crew

0 comments :

Post a Comment