Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Date with Alvin ...


194

Since I wrote this list, what seems like many moons ago, I've done some of the things on my list... The Ones underlined are missions I've accomplished.

1. Go to Bay Area Fellowship for Church
2. Go to the S.S. Lexington, Art Museum, Aquarium and Botanical Gardens
3. Go see a movie alone
4. Take a mini Staycation to Houston or San Antonio and engage in their nightlife
5. Go to a night club alone
6. Go to at least 3 events going on in town:
I've done 2:
The High Heels for hope charity event,
& The Ailey II Ballet
7. Eat at a restaurant on the Bayfront
8. Go to the "Island"
9. Document my Happenings on my Blog...[Duh!]
Last night I did something I had wanted to do for a while.

I went out on a date.

150
[what I wore to run my earrands]
I spent all day primping...

First getting my hair done,



190
189


Then getting a polish change on my nails and toes,

And getting my brows cleaned up.

[Let me just say that over the years I've learned the VALUE of using the same person to do your brows...Time and time again I've gotten them done different places out of convenience and got them butchered...]

I was running late so I quickly got dressed.

I even threw on a little make-up; Sephora's/Photo Finish Primer & Tinted Moisturizer.

I kept my lips simple as I always do, just with some clear lip gloss to add a little shine.

I missed the first two pieces of Alvin II, but the rest was good.

My favorite was the last few pieces.

[I used to want to be a dancer for most of my life. But I came to the realization last night I could NEVER have that dream, it just wasn't meant]

193

I REALLY wanted to get some better shots, but I stupidly let my camera's flash fire during the performance and got caught...I was too scared to do so after that.
Got some good ones after the performance though...
195

200 
This was shot in front of the dancer's tour bus!
I ended my night at the Olive Garden where I partook in their three course meal for $12.95 special.
206 Complimentary Moscato...
207
208
210
The Olive Garden has such a peaceful ambiance that's conducive to romance in my book.
202
I enjoyed it, right down to my young waiters singing "I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T do you know what that means!"...LOL!
They got a kick out of me having the audacity to have a meal alone.
I will most definitely date myself more...I enjoy it.
204
Gold Earrings: Cato's Fashions
Black Blazer: JC Penny
Blue Dress: Old Navy
Gold Belt: Old Navy
Black Fish Net Stockings: Target
Gold Peep-Toe Heels: Steve Madden
Nails: Snappy Sorbet by Sally Hansen Insta Dry

213Here's one with my hair after I got home and cut the extra length off to make it fuller...Much BETTER in my book.

0 comments :

Post a Comment