Sunday, February 17, 2013

Emerald ...



“You don’t have to be over-the-top to be fierce…you just have to feel fierce!”
-Me

Ok,

So I had it in my head to go out alone for Valentine’s Day weekend.

I had picked out a dress.

Envisioned some shoes I saw in Marshall’s last week to go with my dress.

Gotten my hair done.

Gotten my nails and brows done.

…But I stood myself up L

By the time I finished straightening up my apartment, getting dressed, taking outfit pics, hitting up a couple of sales ....




And checking back in with friends that wanted to hang out WAAAAY earlier that day, I missed my date… I ended up hanging out with a good friend of mine, having dinner and watching the Beyoncé Documentary on HBO, which was AWESOME!

But, I AM going to plan to take myself out again.

That time I will NOT miss.

Annnnd, to hold myself accountable I will post my date outfit on the blog.

I was recently reminded that I don’t need another person to make me feel special.
Sure, all of Gods creatures want to be acknowledged and validated. It’s part of our genetic make-up, especially women.

But women sometimes self-sacrifice with no acknowledgement…
No validation…
& all that’s left is an empty vessel because you gave all you had to work, to school, to your significant other,  to FINDING a significant other, to friends, & to your kids….


I refuse to live like that!

I am special.
I am fierce.



No matter how my weight fluctuates, despite my flaws, despite my mistakes and imperfections. ... Despite REJECTION!

I am special.
I am fierce.
I am BRAVE!

Gold Hoops: Beauty Supply
Emerald-Stone Chandelier Necklace: Forever 21 ($1.00 via accessory sale)
Acid Wash Denim Shirt, Distressed Denim Jacket, Black Leggings: Forever 21+
Emerald Cap-Toe Pumps: Target

Check out my video entitled: "On the Couch with Tammie" about a haul of goodies from some of my favorite stores...Some of the items in the vid have ALREADY been featured! #Shoyourite ....


4 comments :

  1. beautiful post!!! U are all of the above and I need those shoes maam!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am buying more pumps with the classic silhouette...They are sooo classic.

      Delete
  2. Your "Halle Berry, she so fine" pose is ALL THAT!! Cute outfit!

    How much did I love your video?!?!? Thanks for sharing! One of these days I will get over the fact that I don't like my recorded voice & I will get on the vlog train.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried something new...well...new to me!

    ReplyDelete