I thought I was being innovative by buying dime store beauty products.
But the countless of Youtube tutorials featuring products that have made their way into my makeup bag have proven me wrong.
I think my obsession with extending my product repertoire started with my birthday last year. In a rush, I found myself in Victoria’s Secret buying a few things from their beauty line.
Also, one of my friends got me more into lipstick in that she always looks fabulous in hers.
Annnd sometimes when I find myself bored, I look at tutorials about anything from how to put on lipstick to eye shadow the correct way. I even follow along with the steps to see if the technique is as easy as the tutor makes it seem.
I’ve had success so far…
But my journey has just started.
So without further ado, here two looks with some products I stumbled upon at the hair store (aka black beauty supply), in the clearance end-cap at the market or by infamous dime-store brands like NYC and Wet & Wild and NYX that can be found anywhere from Wal-Greens, to CVS to Wal-Mart.
(Just foundation & Eyes)
Foundation, Eyes, & Lips...
I still wouldn’t do make-up every day…takes me EnTIRELY too long to apply it.
But on special occasions…definitely!
- · Smash box Photo Finish Primer
- · Nicka K New York Mineral to Cream Pressed Powder
- · NYC Dark Brown Eye Pencil (Brows)
- · Cover Girl Clear Mascara (Brows)
- · NYC HD Color Eye Trio “Streets Paved in Gold”
- · Victoria’s Secret Eye Shadow Quad
- · Black Radiance Lipstick in #5113
- · Beautique Lip Crayon in “Frosted Caramel”
- · NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors in “Harmonica”