Friday, September 6, 2013

Thrifted!


So…

There is a unique story I wanted to share about this dress.

I actually started the day with another outfit, which I was going to feature on the blog BTW.

However, I noticed that there was a HUGE rip in the dress I was wearing.
Not only did I notice but my bosses boss noticed as well.
She pulled me aside woman to woman to excuse me to go change.

Instead of driving home, I opted to go to this thrift store down the block from my job.



It was the PERFECT reason to shop as the store closes an hour before I get off work. Annnd I never thought to go by on the weekend because I don’t want to be anywhere NEAR the job on my personal time!



I MUST go back! I had to pull myself away from all the AMAZING vintage jewelry…


I felt so fortunate that I started taking a personal interest in my style and networking with others through blogging with impeccable fashion sense as well…

I don’t think I ever would have been inspired to find this treasure if I had not!!!

This is a picture of me and my photographer for the day…My buddy Jose…

He was gracious enough to help me and I want to think that he had a lot of fun photographing me.






Dress: THRIFTED! [marked down to $8.00 from $12]
Shades: Borrowed
Earrings: Forever 21
Statement Necklace: Burlington Coat Factory
Metallic Platforms: Nine West via Marshall’s
Neon Clutch: Charming Charlie’s
Bluish-Purple Satchel: Ross

8 comments :

  1. Nice find--I don't know where you live--but our thrift stores are sadly lacking in stylish plus sized clothing. Beautiful look--and handsome photographer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin! This dress was marked a size 12 but I tried it on and made it work! The full skirt and elastic in the waist is what helped with the fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS dress and the photographer took some amazing shots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is absolutely stunning on you! It looked even better against that cyan colored bench. You look amazing and I'm loving your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much. It really nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tammie. It's Pete (mard35) here. You are still looking great.

    ReplyDelete