Thursday, September 11, 2014

Grateful!



/Disclaimer/ I know these shots are not what they could be...But I realllyyy wanted to showcase this look. I thought it brilliant. It's funny how I can capture others and make them look special, but my photos lately have been meh. Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming...  Totally unrelated  to the title of this blog and the preceding rant but,

One of my friends on Facebook so eloquently asked me to partake in the gratefulness challenge. It entails me to list things that I’m thankful for, for 5 days.

Challenge Accepted.

I’m going to list twenty and then pull from them as needed.
As I discover new things, I’ll list them accordingly.  

1.     I know this is cliché but I thank God for His divine influence in my life. I get in my own way at times and He blocks myself destruction.
2.     I’m thankful for a sound mind.
3.     I’m thankful for favor I don’t deserve.
4.     I’m thankful for my momma’s prayers and her wisdom that cuts like a knife, but when reflected upon, it has my best interest at heart.
5.     I’m thankful for being able to support myself.
6.     I’m thankful for loved ones. My family first and foremost and my friends secondly. I’m an independent, self-focused introvert. A lot of times I go long periods of time without seeing my family. Know that I love you all and I’m there in spirit.
7.     I’m thankful for love.


8.     I’m thankful for words…words on paper that I can become engrossed in and words in my head, which are sometimes the best way I can express myself.
9.     I’m thankful for my camera. It gives me something in which to channel my creativity. It allows me to help people discover their beauty by capturing it. It has helped me to relish in my own beauty as well.
10.  I’m thankful for scrabble…especially that 7-letter-word score!!!
11. I’m thankful for cake!


12. I’m thankful for full-figured bloggers. They inspired me to be beautiful whether I weigh 160 or 230 pounds and love myself.
13.  I’m thankful for clothes and all the fun things you can do with them, as well as accessories.
14. I’m thankful for Forever21+! The clothes are affordable and they FIT!
15. I’m thankful for nail polish. It was my make-up before I learned to put my face on.
16. I’m thankful for music. Songs that evoke emotions such as deep gratitude, joy, profound thought and even sadness.
17. I’m thankful for the Red Box. It’s the reason I don’t go to the movies as much as I could!
18. I’m thankful for the positive influence of social media…The uplifting scripture, videos, quotes and blogs!

19. I’m thankful for my decision to step out on faith and move to my current city. I have learned so much about myself, conquered fears and become more transparent with myself.
20. I’m thankful for my natural fade. I had such a complex about my hair and dare I say it, part of my self-image was wrapped up in how my hair looked. If someone would have told me three years ago that I would cut all my hair off, I’d think them crazy. But here I am, almost a year natural and I love myself even more. I’ve found my style. 
 Earrings: Forever 21/Dress: Old Navy/ Pumps: Payless Comfort Plus/ Bag: Ross

4 comments :

  1. Thankful for mom's wisdom that cuts like a knife. . . . .How much we Love our Moms and how much we dislike "tough love". I am so with you on this. Keep on being thankful and let us see YOU in your element.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for your transparency. When I read your words I always feel like I'm talking to an old friend. ♥ Nice look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks V! Writing is so cleansing to me.

    ReplyDelete