Wednesday, August 24, 2016

I Worked Too Hard …

Even though it has gotten off to a rocky start, I am committing to make 2016 my year. There comes a time in every person’s life that they must be real with themselves. … Especially about aspects of their life that they want to change.


That time for me is now.

I got scared as I typed that.  My mind wanted to backpedal and go back on my commitment.

Change, is scary.

But what is even scarier is continuing to live a life of mediocrity.

It meant a lot to me to get out and take these pictures. I circled around the block. I parked my car. I mounted my camera onto my tripod. I sought to find optimal lighting. I fought traffic to stand in the middle of a wet street and take outfit pictures for this post. … Only to find them … Well … Mediocre.

Frustrating!


Yet and still I owe it to myself to post my efforts. … Because I worked too hard!

I circled around the block. I parked my car. I mounted my camera onto my tripod. I sought to find optimal lighting. I fought traffic to stand in the middle of a wet street, ( and at a park), to take outfit pictures for this post.

There is beauty in that ... the process.

In life we don’t always get it right. We make mistakes. We fail.
However, change is a process. That process could begin by merely changing one’s mindset,  then taking action and then acknowledging your work, even if the outcome isn’t how you'd imagined it might be.

Perfection is overrated! Change is ideal. 



Earrings: DSW Shoes/Dress: Eloquii/ Bag: Dooney & Burke via Marshall’s/ Shoes: Alfani via Macy’s  

0 comments :

Post a Comment