Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Cookin' ... 09.25.11

Cookin' is one of the ways I say, "I love you Tammie."
No recipes today.
I just wanted to share a picture of my dinner plate.




IMG_2219

'Scuse the Styrofoam, but I don't want to wash any more dishes than I have to.
The older I get, the more I am willing to admit that I do a lot of things like my mother.
It's because I have her and my grandmother's genes that I took to cooking more than my siblings.
It relaxes me and gives me a since of accomplishment.
To this day, my momma still cooks big on Sundays.
She always believed in getting the work out of the way so she could take some time to do the things she enjoys; watching the Cowboys, having a nap or talking on the phone.
After years of watching her put the finishing touches on dinner on Sunday mornings, I now cook big on Sundays as well.
Like momma I do so, so I can have a meal waiting when I get home from a long day's work.
Today's no different.
Today's Menu:
Mixed Collard and Mustard Greens
Fresh Green beans
and Crock Pot Roast
[the end]

4 comments :

  1. Girl! I know! I keep my plastic cups/plates. I hate washing dishes!

    Food looks good...PS...I'm on Weight Watchers too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The food
    turned out good too.

    ReplyDelete