Thursday, February 20, 2014

Majestic...


When I saw this dress in-store two things stood out to me.

One: The Deep Jewel Tones, {Including Purple, Which is Such a Majestic Color}

And

Two: The Baroque Detailing Going Down the Front & The Back

/Side Note:/ Whenever a dress has a busy print or lighter color in the middle, complemented by a darker contrasting color, it tends to create the illusion of an hourglass figure.  Especially if one has a pooch like I do.  Someone asked me if I’d lost weight today. My reply? “No, my clothes just fit well” I’m finding that fit makes all the difference in the world.

I already knew I would style this dress with my oxblood riding boots.



But what I was unsure of was how to take an otherwise springy silhouette and winterize it.
At first I thought of a cardigan but the one I had in mind seemed to take away from the dress.
I could have very well worn a white shirt, or pink button-down for that matter.
But I ultimately chose denim because I thought it added visual interest to the look.

This was one occasion where I was glad I had Grown-Out-Of a denim shirt I that was in heavy rotation at one time.

The snug fit was PERFECT to add some sleeves to this froc without being too bulky. 

I got so many compliments on my outfit today…

And That

Made me feel good inside.



Dainty Earrings: Forever 21/Denim Shirt: American Eagle/Dress: New York and Company (MEGA SALE)/Boots: Evans/Bag: Steve Madden via Ross


4 comments :