Tuesday, December 24, 2013

'Tis the Season...

These are photos of happenings in my town leading up until Christmas.
Although I won’t make it home for the holidays, I still can’t help but get in a festive spirit because it’s all around me in my small and close-nit community.



 At work: My coworker solicited our help for donations for those in need. On short notice, we pulled together and made this happen. Those who did not give food gave monetary donations.


For once the news was not covering death, crime or some other turmoil.

I’m sure of this because I spotted this truck outside my local grocery store.








My community is RICH in Hispanic heritage.



Although I complain about missing my people, I can appreciate witnessing other cultures being celebrated.



The kids dancing to Salsa and Merengue music was adorable and so FESTIVE!


Even a local retailer got into the spirit of giving.



 Read my post here about my experience at this event!

I am thankful for the journey that was destined for me.
I am growing to appreciate my time as I work towards personal goals just as much as I am looking forward to accomplishing these pursuits.

I am thankful for the wisdom God has given me to appreciate my talents, to explore them, to cast fear aside and be confident in my abilities.

I am thankful for my family. They prove beyond a shadow of doubt that I am not Loveless…I am not alone…I am accepted!

And my friends…Someone once told me I’d make them wherever I go…Now I realize that means God will allow me to end up in the company of decent people wherever I am!

So my mantra for the past few years is that I will continue to grow. I wish to continue progress into the person I am meant to be and walk in the direction of the path God has paved for me.

Merry Christmas!


Tammie   

0 comments :

Post a Comment